Maintaining an online presence can be complicated if you want to get noticed. You need graphics, video, and other media to attract attention, and of course on the back end you need analytics to find out exactly what's working and what isn't. Luckily, there are some great tech tools out there that can help you achieve these goals with minimum effort and stress, and with truly professional results. Here are our top seven tech tool picks for this year.
1. Oribi. The world of analytics can be intimidating if you're not already an expert, but Oribi boasts a platform that is easy to learn for anyone. You can track how visitors are interacting with your website, blog, social media, and videos, as well as getting guidance on how to understand and respond to that data in an optimal way.
2. VideoShop. If you're making videos with your phone, don't think that extras like music, voiceovers, and edit transitions are out of your reach. VideoShop allows you to create professional-looking, personalized videos that you can upload and share directly from your phone or tablet. Even if you have a professional editing suite on your computer, this is a great tool to have if if you're frequently posting videos on the go or at events.
3. Canva. Throughout the year you're going to need custom visual content for promotions, holiday social media updates, and even just blog posts. Canva is not only great at doing all those things, it's easy to learn and creates beautiful graphics quickly. As far as visual marketing tools go, it really is a one-stop shop, and you don't have to be a graphic designer to make the most of it.
4. SEMRush. Search rankings are still one of the top concerns for marketers, and SEMRush is a tool that focuses specifically on helping you improve those rankings. There's a little bit of a learning curve to overcome, but SEMRush has great documentation that will have you fine-tuning your site's performance in no time. We use it for all of our SEO projects.
5. Promolta. Making great video content is only half the battle - getting it seen is the difficult part. Promolta helps you create marketing campaigns that will find your target audience and direct them to your videos. If you've always wanted to experience the rush of having a video go viral, this tool is a great way to give yourself a strong advantage.
6. Biteable. Still infographics are great, but video infographics can help take your game to the next level. Biteable has an easy-to-use online tool that helps you create entertaining and informative infographic videos in just a few minutes, ready for product promotions or social media. Best of all, the basic account is free, so you can try it out risk-free to see if it fits your needs.
7. Kissmetrics. A tried-and-tested solution for customer engagement, Kissmetrics is still one of the best tools out there to help you understand what your visitors want. If your main goal is to increase conversions and build a loyal community of customers, this is one you definitely need to try.
Cogo Interactive is an award-winning digital marketing agency specializing in online marketing strategy, web design, SEO and social media marketing. We work with clients in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, DC and nationally.